40 Things (cont.)
In honor of my 40th birthday today, I am listing 40 things I am thankful for. For #1-5, go here.
Here are some absolutely frivolous things I am thankful for that make life on this old earth just a little bit more fun:
6. chocolate. Need I say more?? Well, I could just say – GERMAN MILK CHOCOLATE!!! Oh, and Nutella. LOVE LOVE LOVE Nutella.
7. coffee. Thank you, God, for creating the coffee bean and Starbucks. Starbucks gave me a FREE DRINK OF MY CHOICE gift card for my birthday. Plus I just won a $10 gift card as well. I’m set!
8. for God allowing humans to be carnivores if they so choose. As much as I am grossed out by the processing of raw meats, I love a good steak, cooked medium well. YUM!!!!!!!!
9. Panera Bread Company. Our tiny town is getting a Panera Bread Co., opening in December. Again – like Starbucks – an over-priced pleasure … but oh so worth it for a treat-yourself experience. AND I currently have a little gift card for filling out a survey for Panera. How convenient. 🙂
10. Chick-Fil-A. I drive 80 miles to my nearest Chick-Fil-A here in Middle-of-No-Where, Missouri. Whenever we go “home” to Tennessee, my preferred stop for lunch/dinner is the first Chick-Fil-A we can find – there is one at the mall in Paducah, KY and one by Nashville … I grew up in the Land of Chick-Fil-A, and many students from the Christian college I attended worked there. I love that they are closed on Sundays … God bless Chick-Fil-A.
11. Schnitzel. If you’ve never had a REAL German Schnitzel made by a real German cook or at a real German restaurant, well, I pity you. ;0) Oh, and I like mine with a side of red cabbage.
12. FOOD … apparently I am very thankful for stuffing my face with delicious foods and beverages. This might explain my weight problem. 😉 Seriously, we are SO blessed in America with the variety and abudance (and dare I say EXCESS) of food. I don’t really think I have ever been truly hungry in my life time.
13. On a less costly note, I am thankful too for Goodwill … our town happens to have a very good Goodwill store – it’s open, bright, clean, and well organized. It’s a treasure hunt to go there – my entire family loves to go.
14. Our Goodwill store happens to be located right beside a wonderful, affordable Mexican restaurant that I am also thankful for: El Jimador (locals lovingly call it El Jimmy’s).
15. I’m thankful for my therapist/hair stylist whose shop happens to be in the same shopping center as Goodwill and El Jimmy’s. I specifically budget so I can go visit her on a regular basis. For the first time in my life, I have a beautician who does my hair so well that I do not have to come home & re-do it.
:::::::::::: TO BE CONTINUED :::::::::::::::::