31. I am thankful for the OBVIOUS things like a climate-controlled house. It doesn’t maintain the perfect temperate because it is older, but we are definitely protected from the elements.
32. I’m thankful for 2 reliable vehicles. I gave up a beloved mini-van a few years ago, and I still miss it. This was before we knew about Miriam … I have had my issues accepting one of the vehicles we now own; HOWEVER, I am thankful they are reliable cars, if not very modern or fancy or pretty to look at. God is working on humbling me further and further, I suppose!! 🙂
33. I am thankful that housekeeping these days is so much easier than washing clothes out by a stream or cooking over open fire.
34. I am thankful to stay at home right now. I am such a homebody, and it is such a blessing to be able to mind my own business and tend to my family. I am NEVER (or hardly ever) bored at home. (I am however thankful that the internet allows me to work from home for my church … and I even go work in the office occasionally without feeling the pressure of being responsible for the entire church & school operations like I felt I was for over 6 years).
35. I am thankful for books, even though my husband has an obsessive disorder that causes him to fill up our house – and even our garage – with books. I am glad my family still reads … books. I am not sure I’d want one of those kindle or nook things, even if someone gave one to me. There’s just something about holding a book. 🙂
36. I am thankful for quiet … I like music and such, but for the most part, I forget to turn on music when I’m home alone or doing housework. I like to “hear myself think.” I do turn on music more often during Christmas though!! I love Christmas music! 🙂
37. I am thankful for activities that my kids can enjoy. My children take piano lessons – Andrew has been taking since he was in 1st grade, & Anna has been taking lessons since she was 4 years old. Both my children play basketball right now (Andrew for the school team and Anna for Upward, a Christian organization). We have a Wednesday night children’s program at church that Anna can still participate in (Andrew sadly grew out of it when he got to 6th grade). These things plus church & school keep us plenty busy!
38. I am REALLY thankful when my family can have an evening or a weekend AT HOME though. I love it when there is NO WHERE to go, and we can just unwind. I guess my entire family are a bunch of homebodies.
39. I do enjoy going out with my friends occasionally. Recently we’ve decided we need to try to practice more hospitality, which is hard because I am such a reluctant cook and hostess. However, we’re working on it! I mostly love to go out & window shop or have coffee with a trusted GIRLfriend or two; in fact, I’m going to Christmas Tea this Saturday with 2 of my “besties”!
40. I am thankful to have attained the age of 40. It sounds so “old” somehow, and I wish I were wiser or more mature … but looking back, I have come a long way, by God’s grace. I have some life experience under my belt and some stories to tell. I have seen some pretty amazing places and learned some valuable lessons. God has brought me through some deep valleys, and He has been very patient as I learned – usually the hard way – what He wanted me to learn. I wouldn’t want to go back, but I wouldn’t change a thing. I am content at this moment to be who I am. 🙂