I really am just “an ordinary hausfrau”. I am a homebody who enjoys “puttering around” (or piddling, as we call it in Tennessee, where I grew up); I like things simple and quiet. I don’t really have any special talents like some bloggers. I don’t even have my niche’ figured out yet … I just like to write and to share what I am learning each day; occasionally I do reviews or offer give-aways. I was born in Germany, and sometimes I add a German twist to my blog … but overall, I’m just me.
- I am an ordinary Christian woman … but I have learned God can use ordinary people to do His extraordinary work!
- I have been married for 18+ years … and I am blessed to be married to an extraordinary man! He is a former Army officer who now works at a Christian school ministry.
- I am not super mom … but I am doing my best to nurture my children (ages 12, 10, and 1) and raise them according to God’s principles; they are my extraordinary miracles!
That’s us —–>
- I am not the greatest housekeeper … but I am especially thankful to have a home to take care of! After 12 years in the military, we are settled in southern Missouri for now – and bought our first home 6+ years ago.
- I am definitely NOT the best cook or menu planner … but I am enjoying learning to make extra special meals for my family. I love to find, try and share new recipes!
- I’m not really into fitness or organic food; but I am working on being a healthier person so I can have a healthier family. I do like to take walks and enjoy the sunshine.
- I am not the best budget-er or the most frugal person … but out of necessity, I am learning to manage our money and have seen God do extraordinary things to provide our needs and many of our wants!
- I am not the most out-front, out-going church member, but I appreciate the small opportunities that I am given to serve at our church in various ministries and as the financial secretary. (I’m a little strange in that I *love* accounting!)
- I don’t have many talents (certainly NOT any musical ones!LOL) – I dabble at homemaking, organizing, taking pictures, writing, and many other things … and I am working on just enjoying every day – the ordinary and the extraordinary!