1. Most of my life, I’ve been a LOSER … as in I *never* won anything – not cake walks, not door prizes, not even games of Monopoly. Once I started entering blog give-aways, I’ve won such a variety of things over the last few years: from boxed mixes of Macaroni Grill entrees to dishes from Dayspring to clothes! And today I just found out I won perhaps one of the BEST prizes yet: a DVD of the new Beverly Lewis book THE SHUNNING coming out as a movie!! I can’t wait to watch this with Anna – she LOVES Amish stories as well.
2. I have a blank canvas to write WHATEVER I WANT TO each time I hit the “new post” tab. It’s MY blog – and I can shamelessly brag about my kids and husband or I can document my every day life or I can ramble about whatever is on my heart.
3. I’ve been given opportunity to review products, to offer items for give away, and to promote certain companies that come back to me with product offers – Twin Sisters Productions, the CSN Stores, Emily Rose Doll Clothes (I was given a free pattern recently & am supposed to be sewing something for 18″ dolls to show you all).
4. There’s fun memes to participate in: Happy Homemaker Mondays, The Simple Woman’s Daybook … and my very own 30 Days of Thanks which I definitely plan to do again this coming November!!! I hope some of you will join me.
5. Other bloggers. I’ve met some neat people “online” and even got brave enough to meet one in real life!! She wasn’t an ax murderer and I’m not either, so it was a great experience. 🙂 I also have blogging friends from all over – most recently from my native Germany and also Holland. Many (most) of my blogging friends are also Christian moms, so we have a lot in common and to learn from each other and to encourage each other.
What do you love most about blogging?