1. A new Miss America was crowned on Saturday night-did you watch? If you were a contestant what would your talent be?
No. I used to watch when I was a little girl … but haven’t really paid attention since I decided that I could never attain to anything these girls looked like nor their talents. It just makes me feel self-conscious and sad.
My daughter in particular has often commented on my one big talent: typing fast! ha!! Wonder if there could be a wpm typing contest if I entered Miss America!
2. Do you have houseplants? Real or fake?
Some fake things here and there. I gave up on real houseplants a long time ago – when we moved 7 times in 12 years with the Army!! 🙂 I did have a few real houseplants when we lived in Germany for 3 whole years – and our apartment was a wonderful, sunny, airy place – but obviously, I had to leave them behind.
3. When you were in school did you speak up or were you more of the hide your face, avoid eye contact, and pray the teacher didn’t call on you type of student?
I rarely spoke up. ever. Not that I didn’t know the answers … I was just too quiet.
4. Next Monday marks the Chinese New Year…what do you order when someone suggests Chinese food?
Funny you mention it: I was just craving Chinese food today – but didn’t get to get any. I love beef & broccoli … but I really prefer Korean food (bulgogi, bip and bop) or japanese teriyaki.
5. How would you define a miracle? What would it take for you to consider something a miracle?
Miracles are events that can not be explained by logic.
I call my children miracles … They are products of modern medicine but in my years of reading and studying about infertility, there are NO guarantees that even the most extensive infertility procedures will work. I know GOD gave me my babies because they are something that I should not have had – but now do!
6. What’s your favorite Disney song? If you’re stuck you’ll find a list here.
Well, having lately listened to many videos of “Disney Sing-A-Long Songs” currently Miriam and my favorite is “Once Upon a Dream” from Sleeping Beauty.
7. I should have _____________ yesterday.
taken a nap
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am hosting a give-away today (Wednesday, Jan 18) – if you enjoy a good family or feel-good movie night, check it out (see next blog post which should be up by 6 a.m.). Sorry for the shameless promotion – but I really enjoyed the movie I was allowed to review, and I get to give a copy of the DVD away!! 🙂