Two very sweet bloggers have tagged ME for varying reasons. I’m pretty tickled and feel a little like a 4th grader who was picked to be in a secret club or something!! – and I will participate as much as I can – but as I’m packing tomorrow and cleaning/preparing my house for my husband to function 3 days without me and then I’m leaving for Chicago at 4 a.m. on Friday morning, my time
is should be somewhat limited as far as internet time is concerned. So, before I go to bed tonight & disappear from the internet world temporarily, I wanted to share:
I’ve been following Susie’s Blog for a few months now – and watched it grow and bloom. Susie gave me the versatile blogger award:
Part of the deal accepting this is mentioning 7 random things about myself, sooooo here goes:
1. I actually like brussel sprouts! especially with white sauce (or hollandaise)
2. My first language was German … I learned English at age 4 thanks to Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers and being immediately immersed into American kindergarten upon moving to the US.
3. I read almost every night before I go to sleep.
4. I am a night owl … and wish it was more acceptable in society to sleep late!! I’m also NOT a morning person.
5. I am not lazy – but I tend to putter around all day which means I feel like I don’t get things done as well as I want. 😦
6. I am a home body – and the older I get, the more I just want to stay home.
7. I have worked in fast food and retail (while I was in college), as a receptionist/dispatcher, library tech, and a church/school secretary. BUT my favorite, most fulfilling job is being a SAHM!! 🙂 Although I love to type, write, edit, and I love accounting!!
I’m also supposed to pass this award on to 15 bloggers – and I wish I could link up to 15 of my favorites – but it is too hard to choose & I don’t have the time — so I’m going to say look over at my favorite blogs —-> and check any 15 of them out!! 🙂
Thanks so much for thinking of me, Susie!! 🙂 And check out Susie’s Blog – Little Susie Homemaker. It’s an adorable blog – and Susie is very talented!!
I was also tagged by “My Kids’ Mom” from Empty Nest in Illinois (who is about to be a grandmother any day now!!) to do the following:
•You must post these rules.
•Each person must post 11 things about herself on their blog.
Since I already posted 7 above, here’s the rest:
8. I always wanted 3-4 children – and God has fulfilled my wish: my children are 13, 11, and 2 years old. We do have one child in heaven (a miscarriage) who would be 9 years old right now.
9. I have a pop tart for breakfast almost every day! I prefer Toaster Strudels but only buy them if I have a coupon.
10. My favorite grocery store is an original German chain, Aldi’s … it even SMELLS like the stores in Germany there!!
11. I think I have lived in 12+ different apartments, townhouses, or homes in my life time – not including college dorms. We’ve lived in our current home for over 7 years – and I still feel like we need to move any day now!! I just can’t seem to feel settled.
•Answer the questions the “tagger” listed for you in her post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
1. City or country?
I really am a city girl … but probably more of a suburb girl. I live in a rural area right now – and while I deal with it ok, I need to get to a city at least once a month!!!
2. Laptop or desktop?
My desktop has the BIGGEST screen which I love, but I end up on my laptop most often.
3. Grass yard or concrete?
4. Potatoes or rice?
potatoes, any which way!!
5. Meat or vegetables?
Both?? It would depend – I do crave a big steak or protein occasionally but I also love veggies.
6. Upstairs bedroom or downstairs bedroom?
Mine is downstairs. The kids sleep upstairs. It took me a while to get used to it … but now I love it!
7. Garage or carport?
Garage … preferably with automatic doors (mine currently don’t work)
8. Drive or fly?
Depends on where I’m going. I don’t mind to fly – but I like a good road trip too.
9. Talk or text?
10. Shower or bath?
I like both – but usually end up in the shower.
11. Ford or Chevy?
In 2001, I got a 1996 Ford Windstar … Andrew was 2 years old and Anna was a few months old. Putting 2 car seats in my minivan made me feel like a mom, which I loved. My father-in-law had us trade out our mini-van a few years ago for my deceased grandmother-in-law’s 1996 Buick (that had way less miles on it) because he was afraid the transmission was going to go out in my van at any time. Ironically, we had to replace the transmission in the Buick last summer (and all 4 tires). I still wish I had my mini van (obviously, I have some deeper issues here! LOL) … I have been praying for another minivan for almost 3 years now – and when I get one, I won’t care if it is a Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Honda, or whatever …
•Choose 11 people to tag and link to them in the post.
I’m not going to tag & link to anyone – but I will say, if you read this blog and want to participate, here’s some questions for you – and leave a comment if you answered so we can all go read!!
1. What was your favorite subject in school?
2. Do you love social events or are you a homebody? or a little of both??
3. Morning bird or night owl?
4. If you had 24 hours to do whatever you wanted to do, what would you do??
5. What is your favorite state in the US?
6. If you could pick out a brand new car tomorrow, what color would it be?
7. Do you like coffee? black, creamer, sugar??
8. Do you drink tea – if so, what kinds?
9. What is your best tip for staying healthy?
10. Did you know any of your grandparents? or great-grandparents??
11. Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ – if so, what is your testimony in brief:
Ok, I really need to go to bed … thanks again for the tags, ladies!!