Joining Joyce and friends for another HodgePodge:
1. How many students were in your high school graduating class? Did you know most, if not all of them?
There were 22 students in my graduating class. I went to a small-ish Christian school, and we only had about 75 kids in our entire high school. Yes, I knew all my classmates – and we were all very close as most of us had grown up in the same area, same church, and same school. I came to the school in 6th grade and was actually one of the newbies!
We were awesome – We were great – We were the Class of ’88!
(I’m in the green and white striped top, near the right side of the picture. Also, there are 23 of us in this picture, but one guy didn’t make it to graduation.)
2. What was the last thing you photographed?
3. Pickles-love ’em or loathe ’em? If its love what’s something you eat that needs a pickle?
I love pickles – especially bread and butter. I just eat them straight – but I like them with picnic-y type meals. My husband loves dill pickles – and he likes a pickle-miracle whip-peanut butter sandwich (I can eat one bite of it – it isn’t as horrible as it sounds).
4. What’s a stereotype you seem to perpetuate without meaning to?
Well, if Germans are known for stubborness, perhaps I perpetuate that!! I also like things decent and in order, neat and clean (but my children are helping me get over that one).
5. Ever been horse back riding? If so is it something you enjoy? If not, do you have any interest? Did you watch the Kentucky Derby? Will you be watching the last leg of the Triple Crown this weekend?
My mother was quite a horse-woman in her day. She even worked at a boarding stall once – she had the real deal riding clothes (hat, boots, jodhpurs) and all that. I have only ridden horses that were led by someone else. I am not afraid of horses, and I think they are gorgeous creatures; I just haven’t had a lot of opportunity to ride.
Don’t keep up with horse racing at all …though I’d love to attend the race where they all wear the big hats (is that the Kentucky Derby?!). 🙂
6. What’s your favorite ‘wedding’ movie?
Father of the Bride: the Steve Martin version AND the 1950s version with Spencer Tracy.
7. What is one ‘tourist attraction’ in the USA that you’d like to see in person?
ANY tourist attraction in Hawaii … 🙂
8. Insert your own random thought here.I am so thankful school is over – even though summer doesn’t officially start until June 20 on the calendar, my summer has begun!!! 🙂 My kids are home with me every day – and I am loving the slower pace of life right now. Some of that is self-inflicted as my vehicle has been at the mechanic’s since Monday and so I can’t go anywhere …
Suddenly everything is breaking – starting with my car, and even the electric air pump for our kiddie pool blew up last weekend – our laptop’s power source is off-again-on-again, and my dust buster literally “bit the dust” on Monday. 😦 When it rains, it pours sometimes ….