I am thankful today that we are facing a HUGE decision this weekend … LIFE ALTERING, really. Yep, it is that BIG!
On Friday, quite unexpectedly, my husband got a phone call with a JOB OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!
It caught him and me and us totally off guard. While he DID interview for this job shortly before his 2nd surgery – I think on October 16 – he just kind of half-heartedly talked to the interview panel on the phone. It wasn’t really THE ideal job – and we really weren’t feeling like he had a chance – and the location is GREAT in so many ways but NOT GREAT in a few other ways.
And so, now we have to decide … BY MONDAY … whether or not to accept this job offer. This weekend, we are praying, asking God to make things clear, talking to family members (and especially our own kids!), and weighing our options.
There are – of course – many pro’s (it’s a JOB and in this economy, that is worth a lot – and it is a job in the field and organization that my husband wants to get into, with potential for moving upward); some con’s (the exact salary will not be exactly determined until after a time of training and evaluation, which will determine whether or not I have to get a part-time job to help us get back on our feet). This location is one that I personally LOVE the thought of (in/near a real city!!!!!) … but takes us further from Daniel’s parents, who of course would never tell us to NOT take a job because of them, but who like us living near by (and usually vice versa). And SO MUCH MORE!!!!!!!
And so – this weekend – we’ll be contemplating and praying and talking and thinking and researching … and I am thankful just for the opportunity to do that!! Wow, this is happening SO FAST. Please pray with us!