Joining Joyce for her weekly Hodge Podge:
1. Which do you prefer-pretty gift wrap with a bow or a pretty gift bag with/without a bow? What percentage of your holiday gifts are currently (as in right this very minute) wrapped in some form or fashion?
I do like the look of a gift wrapped present with a bow and a homemade or nifty gift tag on it … but I’ll take a gift bag with some tissue paper thrown in – in a pinch! 🙂
As of right now I have purchased 1% of my Christmas gifts … and it is not wrapped. Today at Aldi’s, a Step 2 easel (chalkboard/white board) was just reduced from $30 to $19! That’s Miriam’s Christmas present! 🙂 But how does one wrap a 2 ft. tall easel?!
2. What is one item on your Christmas list this year?
A job offer for my husband!! He’s had a gabillion (ok, 3) interviews recently … and we’d love it if he got the job he interviewed for today!
3. What makes a home?
My family, of course!! The rest is just stuff … although some of the stuff that has sentimental meaning to me – like cherished Christmas ornaments, furniture from my grandparents, and such like – make it OUR home.
4. Motown founder Berry Gordy celebrates his birthday on Hodgepodge Day-November 28th. Are you a fan of the Motown sound? If so, who’s your favorite Motown artist and/or song? Here’s a list in case you’re stuck.
Not a huge Mo-Town fan … but I’ve been known to sing some Diana Ross and Marvin Gaye songs! 🙂
5. Red or green-which one is more prevalent in your closet?
Probably have equal amounts of both.
6. True or false-bacon makes it better? If you answered true, what’s your favorite dish made with bacon?
TRUE!! I make a loaded baked potato soup that MUST have many strips of crushed up bacon strips in it.
7. Share a favorite holiday memory.
In 2009, we welcomed MiMi into our family on December 22 … She and I came home from the hospital on Christmas Eve Day. And it snowed!!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Truly time flies when you get older. The last 2 days I’ve been home almost all day aside from a grocery shopping run and taking my kids to sports practice – and I still haven’t even gotten around to EVERYTHING I need to / want to do!!! Meaning things like cleaning the bathrooms and catching up on laundry. And yet, I seem BUSY all day long … how can this be??! And I’m supposed to throw in creative ideas for Christmas gifts and write cards too?!!? Feeling a little overwhelmed these days. I’d really just like to “catch up” some day – and stay there longer than 5 minutes.