Happy New Year, Joyce and Friends!
1. How did you ring in the new year?
At home with my little family … I had actually cooked a turkey “feast” earlier in the day (just because I could) and made my Tennessee grandma’s blackberry cobbler which we had with ice cream. January 1st is my husband’s birthday so we always stay up to wish him a Happy Birthday too.
2. What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013?
My husband starting a new job!!
3. Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, “All of us every single year, we’re a different person. I don’t think we’re the same person all our lives.” What say you?
While we maybe change gradually over time through our experiences, I think personally I’m still the SAME person I have been all my life.
4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color? Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013?
I like all jewel tone colors … but emerald isn’t something I have in my home or closet. I do like greens … and in the 90s I went through a long forest green phase – in fact, my wedding colors in 1992 were burgandy and forest green. I see emerald green as being a great color for a red-head, not so much for me.
5. Speaking of emerald…what’s your favorite gemstone?
I used to really like sapphires just because I really liked blue … But recently, my preference has changed to rubies.
6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012.
The book that changed my life so much this year was INTROVERTS IN THE CHURCH by Adam McVeigh. It’s a non-fiction book, of course. Probably my favorite work of fiction was THE SHACK (I realize this book has been out prior to 2012 and there is actually a 2nd book by the author out now, but I just read it last January!).
7. What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year?
LET IT GO … all the stuff from last year, just let God handle it. Don’t worry about it; don’t dwell on it … just LET IT GO.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’m excited about 2013 … for our family, God willing, it will mean a lot of changes but GOOD changes. We will hopefully be moving in the next few months – my husband will hopefully be starting a new job soon – in a bigger city in a nearby state. I’m really excited about the prospects … but until things are finalized, we are still waiting on an evaluation team to meet on January 9th which will determine all the final details, I am just praying for God to work things out for our best. I’m ready … ready to MOVE FORWARD!