Joining Joyce for the weekly HodgePodge!
1. What is ONE thing or area in your home or life you hope to report is completely organized when 2013 draws to a close? Do you have a plan to make it happen?
ALL OF MY HOME!!! I hope we are moving in a few months and can reorganize EVERYTHING. The plan is to just take it room-by-room as we clean and sort and pack.
2. What’s the worst uniform you’ve ever had to wear for a job?
Waitress shoes with “waffle heels” … I waitressed for 3 days at Shoney’s when I was in college. 3 days … yep, they sadly had to let me go. And I said a grateful “THANK YOU!!!”
My hat is off to all waitresses … I couldn’t do it!
Bland taco meat … with bland refried beans. The least spicy Mexican dish I ever made … the other night. Put that on a bland flour tortilla … and we had a bland dinner. Ick.
4. How do you protect yourself from other people’s negativity?
I avoid people in general.
No, not really … I can get sucked into negativity easily so I really try to not let negative people get into my thoughts … Thankfully, my husband is such an optimist and balances me well.
5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favor? Do you agree?
Most people have always said I look like my mother (in the face) … BUT most people don’t know my biological father as I was adopted and raised by my step-dad. The older I get, the more I see my father in my face – and his sister in my body shape, which is too bad as she is short-waisted and stout (and my mom is long-waisted and slender).
Many say my son looks like my husband, my older daughter looks like me, and the littlest one is her own person. I agree.
6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day…will you be celebrating?
No … sadly. Can’t remember the last time I took a bubble bath. I really don’t have a great tub for it at this house. My MiMi will probably take one for me!
7. Some of the ‘world’s best winter festivals‘ are – Mardi Gras (New Orleans), Quebec Winter Festival (Canada), Sundance Film Festival (Park City, Utah), Rio Carnivale (Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), Venice Carnival (Italy) and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China). Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?
Quebec Winter Festival … only because it sounds like the most peaceful one.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
TODAY – this very day (Wednesday, January 9th) – a Professional Standards Board is meeting in a not-so-far-away state to determine the fate of my husband’s future career with the Veteran’s Administration … PRAYING and hoping for a GREAT evaluation and some GOOD NEWS!!!!! He deserves it! He’s such a good guy and would do such a great job working with veterans! He is a veteran himself – and he loves talking to and working with soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines.