Joining Joyce and Friends again today/Wednesday for a BIRTHDAY HodgePodge!!
1. When did you last sing happy birthday to someone? When were you last sung to? Does that embarrass you or do you enjoy being the center of attention on your special day?
We are singing “Happy Birthday” at my house TODAY … it is my son’s 15th birthday!!
I guess I was probably sung to at my last birthday … I really don’t enjoy that part of the birthday … I prefer just eating cake!!
2. Name a famous or ‘infamous’ person (living or deceased) who shares your birth day and month. Is that someone you’d like to meet in person if it were possible?
I have the same birthday as Mark Twain (b. 1835) and Lucy Maude Montgomery (b. 1874), which are both writers I really enjoy and would LOVE to meet!! I can kind of pretend that on November 30 good writers are born … and perhaps one day can attain to that too!!
3. Someone hands you a box tied up in a lovely bow…what are you hoping to find inside?
keys to a new-to-us vehicle??!?!?!!?!? Oh, how I wish … But I’d settle for a book I’ve been longing to read or some German chocolates I really love!!
4. What can you guarantee about yourself?
No matter how much I’ve prepared, no matter how early I get up, no matter how determined I am to get out of my house on time, I am almost always late …
5. Talking art and beautiful cities here…’The Last Supper’ in the Santa Maria della Grazie Abbey in Milan Italy or ‘The Mona Lisa’ in The Louvre, Paris…which would you most like to see up close and in person? Why?
I have seen the Mona Lisa … but I have never been to Milan … SO I’d like to see “The Last Supper” only because I’d like to see Milan!!!!!
6. Your favorite dessert?
oh, just about anything covered in chocolate.
7. This coming weekend marks the official start of autumn (in the Northern hemisphere)…what is something you do to get ready for fall? What is one thing you’re looking forward to on your fall calendar? Spring or fall-which do you prefer?
Ok, I’m a weirdo, and some of my friends just don’t understand it … but I really have never been a big fan of Fall. I don’t like the taste of pumpkin or spice cakes (I do like a good apple pie!) or the thought of leaves falling off trees making them all bare and ugly. I don’t really like sweaters and boots … I wear them, yet, but I can’t wait to get home and get them off either!!
Some of that is that Fall holds some really sad memories and associations for me in September and October (while September also holds some VERY joyous ones, obviously, my SON’s birth, although technically, he was born IN THE SUMMER!!!!).
I will have to say I am definitely more of a Spring and Summer person – I need sunshine and warmth on my skin (as long as I have a/c nearby!!) … and maybe I should contemplate moving to Hawaii?!? (although I have lived most of my life around 4 seasons, and probably wouldn’t like not experiencing Fall either!!)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I remember the days before we ever knew we’d have a child … days we wondered if we could have a child … days that doctors told us the odds were against it … and suddenly, that long-awaited baby we received after almost 6 years of marriage is turning 15! He’s practically a man … he needs to shave (haven’t tackled that job yet – waiting on Dad!!!) and wants to drive (I need to just let him get his permit!) and is such a gentleman and help to me (especially since he is getting so tall and strong and can do many of the tasks my husband has no time to do around the house right now) and he seems to want to do what is right and wants to serve God, which we consider the most important things anyway. It is scary and exciting at the same time to watch him grow up, realizing we don’t “have” him very much longer, knowing one day he won’t be with us daily again except in memories and brief visits … and hopefully the steady cell phone-texting connection in this new day and age!!!