It’s been a while, but I am joining Joyce for HODGE PODGE today!! I’ve missed this. 🙂
1. Speaking of 180…when was the last time you ‘did a 180’ on something?
Does that mean turn around and go another way?! I suppose it does. Not too good at math and such like!! Ha!
So, the last time I completely changed my mind or went another direction?! Well, I’m slowly moving around the degrees towards setting my mind to the fact that I will need to get a job pretty soon … hopefully in August or by the time school starts anyway. I love love love and appreciate being a SAHM, but financially, the only way out of our current situation is for me to work. My husband has launched on a good career path, but he is still at the entry level. I am thankful I got to be home with my little kids for many years … and now they are growing up fast (but they still need their mama!!).
I even asked a well-known, Christian internet financial “expert” (and mom!) about our situation: how do you have a budget that helps you eliminate your debt when you have cut out everything you possible can (or are willing and able to). Crystal Paine of Money Saving Mom answered that I probably should consider at least part-time work until we can get back on our feet … since working from home wasn’t panning out for me despite my efforts and research how to.
Anyway, I am working on my pharmacy tech certification -and I’m really, surprisingly enjoying it – and kind of looking forward to working outside my home again. I hope things work out as I am imagining them … doing lots of praying until I am finally there!!
2. It’s Independence Week in the US of A! What’s your favorite thing about America right this very minute? Favorites only! Let’s hear what you love about America.
Well, I appreciate the Supreme Court’s decision to allow Hobby Lobby to not have to abide by health care requirements that were NOT in line with their religious convictions. YEAH for freedom of religion! We still have it!
3. Stars or stripes? Red, white, or blue? Watermelon, homemade vanilla ice cream, or blueberry pie?
Stripes … red … blueberry PIE.
4. When did you last see stars, figuratively speaking?
Hmmm, I haven’t been hit on the head recently … but I tend to see stars when I get angry. HOWEVER, I haven’t even had anything to be angry about recently!! Wow, that’s a blessing!! 🙂
5. ‘Clear as a bell’, ‘with bells on’, ‘lots of bells and whistles’, ‘saved by the bell’…which phrase ‘rings’ truest for you lately? Have you ever seen The Liberty Bell?
A little piece of trivia about my family: my husband’s first cousin is an actress – she played a character on Saved by the Bell – The College Years! If you were a teen of the 1980/1990’s, can you guess which one? (she was NOT part of the original Saved by the Bell cast).
6. Are you caught up in World Cup fever? Have you watched a lot or a little or none at all?
As a German-American, I have been watching the World Cup since I was a child!! YES, my husband, son, and I are following the World Cup this year!! At this point, we are cheering for Team Germany since the Americans were eliminated yesterday (sad!).
7. Bid farewell to June in 10 words or less.
You went by too fast. I love summer!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
God bless Texas. Our family just spent a week near the Gulf. It was GREAT, relaxing, and a lot of fun!