It has been 100 years (or a few months??) since I’ve joined Hodge Podge
… I have missed it and am tickled to have some time to join in today:
1. Have you ever had to wear a uniform? If yes, tell us more. Did you love it or hate it?
I think we had a “uniform” of sorts when I worked at McDonalds with my Bestie back in college (we lasted there a few months but had to pay our college bill). I can’t say I even remember that exactly … so I guess I didn’t love or hate it!
When I worked for a Christian school, I had to wear panty hose and a skirt or dress EVERY DAY … I didn’t mind the dress/skirt so much but I HATED those panty hose and in the winter often wore knee socks!! or tights.
2. April 22nd is Earth Day. What is one thing you do personally to be a good steward of planet Earth?
In our city, our trash company helps us to recycle by providing us with free pick-up and containers for paper, glass, plastics and cardboard as well as yard waste.
Having lived in Germany, recycling isn’t such a foreign concept to me, my German grandparents recycled bottles and glass way back in the 70s and 80s before it was truly the “earth friendly” thing to do.
3. Brown rice, quinoa, or couscous…your healthy grain of choice? How often are one of the three on your menu at home? Given a choice between white rice, brown rice, wild rice, and fried rice which would you go for?
I’d go for FRIED RICE every time. My recent “diet” (or “life style change”) required me to give up white rice … tried brown rice and frankly, I’d rather have NO rice than that stuff. I am a little curious about quinoa and couscous. I’d be willing to try it.
4. In your opinion, who has the best job ever?
The person who gets to work from home ….
5. What’s a situation in your life currently requiring patience?
Our finances. 😦 Due to never ending car problems, our “get out of debt in 5 year” plan has turned into a “get out of debt in 6 years if we’re lucky” plan.
6. Do you live your life around days of the week? Explain.
Yes, especially since I started working full time again. Also, I work in my own private office most days but on Tuesdays I work as a pharmacy technician … and honestly, me and my feet are always glad when Tuesday is OVER!
7. In a nod to the A to Z challenge happening around town this month, what ‘R word’ best describes your April?
Rolling with the punches …
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have been presented with a wonderful opportunity recently … and I’m going to GO FOR IT! You’ll just have to wait and see what that is … I’m kind of Revitalised. 🙂