Tickled to be joining JOYCE and others for a Hodgepodge Wednesday … because I’m feeling like my little blog is neglected lately. SLOW DAY AT THE OFFICE = time for some sneaky blogging!! 🙂
1. Is your home air conditioned? If it’s not air conditioned, is that by choice? Did you grow up with air conditioning? If not how did you cope with the heat? Share about a time or place you remember as being too hot-the temperature kind of hot, lest anyone be confused.
2. What’s something in your life right now that falls under the heading ‘up in the air’?
Our future is continually “up in the air.” We have sort-of settled here in NW Arkansas … and I like it here. But it isn’t “home”. Not sure where we’ll ever end up permanently – or IF we’ll even end up settling down forever … maybe not until we reach Heaven?!
My husband’s career may lead him to have to move some day, although we’d like to get our oldest through high school here … I wouldn’t mind moving so the thought doesn’t scare me.
3. Your favorite light and airy dessert?
My mother-in-law makes a “Bishops pie” that is – among other ingredients – chocolate pudding mixed with vanilla ice cream. I also like a light, fluffy cheesecake.
4. When did you last feel like you were ‘floating on air’?
Ha … that I can’t even begin to remember. I have felt quite earth-bound and burdened for many years now. Financial issues, responsibility heavy on my shoulders, and just a general sense of “day-by-day” trust that things will get better … if we work hard.
5. Airport, airmail, airtight, airhead…which have you most recently encountered? Explain.
I will be at the AIRPORT on August 5th for a quick trip HOME to East Tennessee! I love airports … and I love flying … and I love traveling.
6. Have you ever been to the Alps? If so where did you go? If not, is this a destination on your must-see list? If you were headed that direction this summer, which of the following would be your preferred activity…a gentle walk, a serious walk, a bike ride, a boat ride around one of the lakes, or summer snow skiing?
Yes, I’ve seen the Alps from Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.
I love to just stroll along, although I do enjoy a bike ride but haven’t owned a bicycle in a long time.
My son by the Austrian Alps in Bregenz, Austria in March 2012:
7. What is one saying or phrase that was considered ‘cool’ when you were growing up?
I wish I could remember … we had SO MANY silly things we said …
Responding to something inane with “No doy” or “No duh” seemed cool, as did saying “Pysch!” when you zinged someone or fooled them.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Well, this has definitely been our “bummer summer” as far as (not taking) vacations or having a break entails. No such happening for us this year (but no worries, next summer are already planning something FUN!!) …
However, I’m trying to be thankful for the little things: taking a 1/2 day off work to take my girls to a water park, my 14 year old being able to go to camp, my 5 year old spending some time away with her grandparents, a quick trip home to see my parents and some friends, seeing something in the local area.
[There is A LOT going on right here in NW Arkansas!! to include a new children’s museum opening near-by. The Amazeum – thank you, Walmart! If you don’t know much about NW Arkansas, Walmart Corporation is headquartered here and they have given the community so much: art, culture, concerts, venues, etc etc etc.]